Exhibitors of the Online Fair are expected to carry out activities connected to the professional presentation, representation and popularization of contemporary art.
As a contemporary art fair, Art Market Budapest Virtual intends to present artworks predominantly from the 21st century and the late 20th century, and to a lesser extent, artworks originating from the earlier period of the second half of the 20th century. The exhibition of particularly significant artworks dated earlier may be allowed, in the case that the Applicant is meets all requirements of the application, the artworks in question represent a high artistic level , and these early works do not represent more than 40% of the artworks the Applicant intends to exhibit.
The Online Fair is divided into various SECTIONS. Exhibitors are free to apply to any of these sections, in accordance with the below detailed pre-conditions and the type of art they intend to present. Exhibitors may participate in more than one section: in addition to the ART GALLERIES and ART PROJECTS sections, they may also apply to participate in ART PHOTO BUDAPEST.
ART GALLERIES section
This section presents commercial galleries, without any restrictions in the form or technique of the exhibited works. Applicants who intend to exhibit in the ART GALLERIES section are expected to meet the following criteria:
– to maintain a permanent exhibition space that is open to the public with regular opening hours;
– to have a concept and carry out a continuous program of temporary art exhibitions;
– to deal in artworks as a commercial activity;
– to professionally manage and represent their contracted artists;
– to operate an officially registered enterprise implementing an art dealership in accordance with the relevant legal regulations.
ART PHOTO BUDAPEST – the photography section
This section presents exclusively art photography, photo based artworks and video art. Applicants who intend to exhibit in the ART PHOTO BUDAPEST section are expected to be:
– either commercial galleries specialized in art photography,
– or regular galleries as defined above (see ART GALLERIES), who intend to exhibit art photography, photo based artworks or video art,
– or not-for-profit galleries or for-profit galleries not covered by the above ART GALLERIES definition, or independent art organizations open to the public that regularly or continuously carry out some form of dealership or presentation of art photography, and are capable of presenting photographic artworks on a level of quality fit for proper exhibition.
ART PROJECTS section
This section presents Applicants who meet the following criteria:
– not-for-profit galleries or for-profit galleries not covered by the above ART GALLERIES definition, or independent art organizations open to the public that regularly or continuously carry out some form of art dealership or presentation of artistic production, and are capable of presenting artworks on a level of quality fit for proper exhibition;
– civil (NGO) organizations, institutions or enterprises registered as a private or legal entity and created by an individual or collective for the above purpose.
ART EXTRA – presentation booths
The Online Fair provides a platform for other institutions and enterprises with activities connected to art (e.g., magazines, art periodicals, publishers, professional associations and institutions, museums, collections, other enterprises and services, etc.), and fit for participation at the Online Fair.
The selling of artworks is not allowed on the online platform!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: OCTOBER 9, 2020.